Celery juice can solve many chronic and mystery illnesses; which is why people see results drinking 16 oz of celery juice on an empty stomach. Are you convinced? I wasn’t. That is why I am on a 30 day challenge to consume 16 oz of celery juice every morning on an empty stomach.
I am 4 days in and I have to say, it helps tide you over in the morning. I typically wake up at 6 am and try not to eat anything until 8 am. Sometimes I make it and sometimes I cave. By incorporating celery juice around 7 am, I am able to last until 8 am.
While it’s too early to report on any results, I will be back soon to share. For now, here are 5 reasons to take the challenge with me!
- Calming inflammation – celery has double digit anti-inflammatory compounds that offer protection against inflammation. Two of these include; polyacetylene and luteolin. Luteolin, a natural flavonoid, is linked to curing “Brain Fog”, inflammation and obesity
- Balancing your body’s PH- celery has alkalizing health benefits and scores a -5.2 on the PRAL (Potential Renal Acid Load) scale meaning it is a higher alkaline food. By eating high alkaline foods, you’re helping to prevent your blood from becoming too acidic. If your body is more on the acidic side, you may suffer from symptoms including; acne, brain fog, muscle weakness, bloating, and low energy. The goal is for your body to be balanced and neutral!
- Heals the gut- the antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients offer a soothing effect on the digestive tract, (almost like a laxative)
- Good for your bones – celery is high in calcium and silicon which assist in making your bones stronger!
- Cleanses the blood stream- celery contains a compound called coumarins that reduces blood pressures and purifies the blood
Be back soon to report results!